Monday, January 15, 2007

The ankle is already getting better!

I still can't run, and in fact I'm walking rather slowly, but the ankle is doing much better. It's still a bit swollen and stiff, but it doesn't hurt most of the time and I can more or less walk on it. I wrapped it up well and took Lucy to flyball practice, where my friend Judi practiced running her in case I'm still gimpy by this weekend's tournament. As long as I'm standing in the runback Lucy will probably do fine. I may even be able to do the small amount of running necessary by Saturday if I tape it up well and wear my hiking boots to keep it stable. We'll see. I'm going to have to miss Mr. Gomez's agility class tonight, though, and that really bums me out. Oh well--looks like it might rain anyway, and those are my least favorite classes.

What a gorgeous day, though! I'm glad I got to get out and enjoy it. Getting to run--or in my case, limp--around in a T-shirt in the middle of January feels great. I just got a call from someone in Chicago, and she said "Is it snowing?" No, and I think I'm going to need to mow the back yard soon ...

5 comments:

r4kk4 said...

i'm so glad that your ankle is doing better!!

oh, and btw? i have your damn snow. you can have it back.

Lisa B said...

That's OK, you keep it. I don't really like snow all that much.

Seth said...

Get well soon!

andrew said...

We had snow yesterday and it is minus 25 centigrade today. I will mail you some of our snow.

Lisa B. said...

You can keep your snow, Andrew! Lessee, -25 C is about -13 F ... dang, that sucks! But then again, you do live in Canada, dearie! Everyone here was miserable yesterday because it was 45 F (about 7 C). It's supposed to be the same today.