Thursday, March 29, 2007

Battlestar Galactica fans only ...

Has it jumped the shark? Anyone who watched this week's season finale, what do you think? Mr. Pants has been complaining about how the show just isn't as good for a while (I agree that the whole Apollo/Starbuck/Dualla/Anders love trapezoid was tedious and snoresome), but I have been holding out hope. But after the finale, I've begun to wonder if it's all just become too silly. When the (slight spoiler alert) four alleged Cylons started spouting Bob Dylan lyrics I think I groaned audibly. I'd love to hear some other opinions.

And what's this about it returning in 2008? I have to wait until 2008 to decide if I still like it or not? Not fair!

Maybe I'll start rewatching all the Firefly episodes ...

4 comments:

Christopher said...

Aw man... I just finished Season 2 on Netflix. Guess I got alot to look forward too.

Lisa B. said...

... or not.

wordnerdy said...

I agree that the second half of season three was pretty weak (the episode with the Christian Scientist Sagitarrons especially made me wonder why I bothered watching) but the big reveal in the finale made me hold out hope for the finale. These guys obviously aren't traditional cylons, so I'm wondering how they'll be explained, and I guess I'll be tuning in to see the followups!

There's going to be a two-episode thing in the fall, before the regular season starts, but it's a flashback thing about Pegasus or something.

leff said...

All of season three has been crap. They seem to have given up on season long themes (except for the stupid love quadrangle) in favor of the easier to write self contained episode format.

If it wasn't such a topic of conversation around the office I would have given up a long time ago.