Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm fittin' to bust a gut ....



Originally uploaded by natmaconjr.

I can barely write through my convulsions of laughter .. thank you, Chris, for turning me on to Bullshat, the latest in a bevy of new blogs about Durham, and by far the one that has made me spit more half-chewed Qdoba tortilla chips onto my keyboard than any other.

Proprietor Blazer Manpurse, BFA (I don't think I'm cool enough to know this person ... I never hang out at the Federal) had a contest to come up with a New Durham slogan, because the new official one sounds like it came from some Random City Slogan Generator website. The winner (see above) is pretty damn funny, but I'm more in love with a few of tthe runners-up, particularly "F'd up but in a good way," and "Still Less Annoying than Chapel Hill". I think I'm going to have to make one of those into my very own bumper sticker (I have the power).

And I need to agree that the new Ogilvy sign on the Studebaker Building is a travesty.

2 comments:

Blazer Manpurse, BFA said...

Thanks for teh link, ma'am, and sorry about your keyboard.

And holy crap (literally), what a great photo you submitted to "Groovy Derm"!!

The best part is the little watermark they put in the lower right hand corner--now it's official!

Lisa B. said...

Hey, thanks for your blog. It's exactly what Derm needs.