Thursday, April 12, 2007

No good deed ...

It's been, what? A week since I posted or something? Here's the deal: I opened my big mouth and volunteered for something, and now that something is biting me in the ass like a tiger. See, I mentioned that I'm a designer to someone in my neighborhood, and he said something like "Oh, so you could do the Preservation Durham home tour book," and I'm all like "Oh yeah, I can do it in my sleep, blah blah, aren't I cool, blah blah." So now I'm doing the Preservation Durham home tour book ... and no, in fact, I cannot actually do the thing in my sleep ... NOTE TO SELF: Next time, ask how many pages are in the book before you open your big mouth. For some reason I was thinking the thing would be about 36 pages, tops ... it's actually twice that, and maybe even bigger (all the ads are not in yet ... another thing to remember: any time there are advertisers involved, run, don't walk, in the other direction!)

In other news, agility trial last weekend, agility trial this weekend ... which means I will miss the annual WXDU v. WXYC kickball game, to be held this Saturday at 2 pm in the field at the northwest corner of Duke's East Campus (which, I now know from working on the PD tour booklet, was once called "Hanes Field.") I designed a T-shirt for this year's kickball game. Maybe I'll remember to post the design later for the whole world to enjoy ...

No comments: