Friday, July 27, 2007

As much fun as a barrel of boggarts

Part 2 of the Today Show interview with JKR. Why is it assumed that those viewing an interview with a famous author want to see the interviewer fake-smiling and nodding while the interviewee speaks? It's as if they think the interview is about Meredith Vieira as much as it's about JKR. And why the hell are TV interviewers so damn annoying? It's no wonder JKR does as few interviews as she can possibly get away with--they all ask her the same insipid questions she been asked and answering for years, particularly some version of 'gosh, you've come so far from being a welfare mom to one of the richest women in the world ... how does it feel?" I wish just once she would answer "That's right, I'm rich, bitch!" And of course, they all ask her "What's next," as if that question hasn'rt been asked and answered again and again and we don't already know what she's going to say "Well, I'm going to relax a bit and enjoy life and then I'm going to write some more."

So I guess what I'm saying is if you're pressed for time, don't even bother with part 2 of the interview,. She doesn't really reveal anything like, say, the whereabouts of Florean Fortescue ...

And last night I had a dream that my Patronus and I were competing in some sport together. It was not at all clear whether the patronus was a dog or the sport was agility ...

No comments: