Monday, September 17, 2007

Every value I've ever had has been questioned and I'm loving it

This isn't a music blog, in fact it's not really any kind of blog whatsoever, but sometimes I just can't help trying occasionally to foist cool music upon my several readers. Really, I know what's good for you! And today it would be the new album Disko Partizani by Shantel. I first stumbled across Shantel (aka Stefan Hantel) when I heard some of his remixes on the excellent Electric Gypsyland comps (the first and the second). And his "Sagadora Hot Dub" remix of the Amsterdam Klezmer Band rides high on my list of fave songs (you can hear it as part of Typsy Gypsy's Balkan Hot Step Soundsystem Mix, Pt.1, or go buy this or this). Anyway, on Disko Partizani, Shantel is sort of doing Europop inna Bucovina Club stylee:

If you don't think that's fun you may need a visit to the proctologist. Or maybe you need this--it's the video that was "suggested" by YouTube for me to watch next after I had finished the Shantel video:

1 comment:

mamacita chilena said...

Hey, I'm always down with trying out new music. keep it coming!