Friday, September 14, 2007

Tough kids dont stop trying to kick me to the ground

Here's your advance warning: I'll be on your radio (on your radio, you're gonna hear me on your radioooo) tomorrow (that's Sat. Sept 15) for the Mondo mundo world music espectacular. It's from 1-3 pm (eastern time), 88.7 if you pick it up, wxdu.org if you don't. No other station station plays the Turkish hip-hop hits like we do ... except maybe the Turkish hip-hop stations, of course.

And now for something only slightly tangentially related: I'm not a huge Shakira fan (although I've long liked the song Ojos Así), but I like her much, much more after learning that she takes college classes just for fun, in her spare time. i wonder how many languages her hips don't lie in?

3 comments:

Phil said...

"on your radio (on your radio, you're gonna hear me on your radioooo)"

Ooh! Featured on one of my favorite CD-sets, Joe Jackson Live.

Lisa B. said...

It's probably my fave Joe Jackson song evar.

Mamacita Chilena said...

I'm obsessed with Shakira. Her older stuff is the best...

To my knowledge, she speaks Spanish, Portuguese and English fluently and speaks a little bit of Arabic as well. She took a year off of touring and everything before she made her English language crossover album just so she could learn English and she could write all the songs on her own album, rather than be controlled by the label and their writers.

way more information than you ever wanted to know about Shakira, right? :)