Tuesday, November 06, 2007

But the ocean made me feel stupid

Mr. Pants wants to know what I want for my birthday, which is coming up. I won't say exactly which day except that I get the day off work that day because lots of people died in a war. I don't know what to tell him because I'm not sure what I want. Well, a Volvo wagon (aka a great dogmobile ... used is fine) would be fantastic, but somehow I doubt he'd get that for me. The only other things I find myself wanting all fall into the dog gear category.

Anyone know what want for my birthday?

Oh yeah, and I did the radio thing again last night. Playlist here. During my show I got a call from a guy who said he was in Jamaica. I don't know if he was actually listening to my show or not, but he wanted to know when the reggae show was (there's dancehall on Thursday nights and "Caribbean City Radio" on Saturdays) because he wanted to give a shout-out. I told him I'd give his shout-out anyway, so he asked me to tell all the Jamaicans at the federal penitentiary in Butner to keep their heads up and keep the faith. No problem, dude--the inmates are our most loyal listeners! (Insert joke about captive audience here.)

8 comments:

Seth said...

Some gift ideas:

Albert Einstein Action Figure
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/71a4/

Caffinated Soap
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/

Titanium Spork
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8ace/

Collapseable Chopsticks
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8ccd/

Pi Hoodie
http://www.thinkgeek.com/apparel/hoodies/7b0a/

Well those are on my wishlist anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell Seth that these were silly suggestions for your birthday, but then I HAD to look at the Einstein action figure - because a great friend is such a fan, then I HAD to look at the pi hoodie - because another geeky couple I know celebrates their 3/14 wedding anniversary each year with pi(e). So instead of saying "silly," I bookmarked the pages.
Happy early birthday, Lisa B!
--Lisa S.

Lisa B. said...

Sometimes silly gifts are the best!

Elayne said...

How about he goes to one of your agility trials, hauls all your crap, sets up your EZ up, crates, etc., videotapes your runs, brings you lunch, warms up & potties your dogs, and generally spoils you for the entire weekend?

Lisa B. said...

Um, I'm pretty sure he'd rather buy me a Volvo wagon than do all that!

Anonymous said...

happy.birthday

you and my granny share the same birthday! i will be visiting her this weekend to help her celebrate and will toast you in spirit!

and regarding the birthday present? i am lobbying for the volvo for you:

my friend has a new volvo.....the digital jukebox rocks!

: )
burnt

mamacita chilena said...

If I were you, I'd ask for this shirt- http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/juanonjuan/male

It cracks me up every time I read it!!!

But, I might be late because I don't know when veterans day is. Obviously people here in Chile don't celebrate that.

Lisa B. said...

It was the eleventh, but observed yesterday. I got a book about mutts, some software that lets me design agility courses (because I'm a geek that way) and an REI gift certificate. My mom got me an LL Bean gift certificate. I see a lot of cold-weather gear in my future ...

That shirt is hilarious!