Friday, February 22, 2008

Porque buscando tu sonrisa estaría toda mi vida

I finally ate at la famosa Taquería Lopez last night with Georg and Sarah. Yum. I decided to order tacos because, hey, taquería. They were awesome. Next time I go I'm going to try one of the platillos because Sarah's carnitas en salsa verde looked so good. When it came time for dessert I thought I could use a sweet tidbit, so I ordered churros with cajeta, thinking I'd get a little plate with maybe two churros on it. Instead they brought a platter with six churros and mounds of whipped cream. I ate two and forced Georg to eat a couple but Sarah wouldn't have any. So I brought a couple home and tonight I'll try an experiment in finding out whether they are any good after a day in the fridge. I'd love to go back tonight because a) yum and b) there will be mariachis and I love me some mariachi music, but I've got a few things to do and besides that I have no dining partner(s).

At some point in the conversation the topic turned to dogs, and I usually feel like a dork when this happens because I never shut up once I start talking about dogs. Fortunately G and S graciously indulged me, but I've been at parties when I can tell the person I'm talking to is trying to edge away from me after somehow me started talking about flyball or agility. I must be the dog-person equivalent of the dweeb who can't stop talking about multi-user role-playing games. I need to come up with some other areas of expertise so I appear less geeky, I think.

6 comments:

wishy the writer said...

I linked to this post today because I can totally relate to folks slinking away from me at dinner parties once I start talking about dogs and agility! HELP! How do I stop? Check out my post today at www.wishythewriter.com .

Elayne said...

When you start talking about poop to poor innocent civilians you know you've crossed the line. Otherwise, well, by now they should know better than to bring up the subject. I never ever so much as whisper the word 'golf' around my uncle or I know I'll never get out alive.

Sarah said...

ha, I was feeling guilty because we made you talk so long about advice for our dog! It's working, by the way. Took almost 24 hours but she has suddenly realized there is FOOD in that BALL.

Lisa B. said...

I think my solution, Wishy, is to mostly hang out with other agility geeks ;-)

Elayne, I have an uncle who collects antique toothpick holders. Who knew there was a subculture of toothpick holder collectors? There is--they have conventions and everything--their equivalent of the agility trial.

Lisa B. said...

Oh, and awesome, Sarah! We did talk a little more about YOUR dog than mine, I guess, so that's a mitigating factor ;-)

Valerie said...

I made the mistake of telling a dog story at a cat-person party recently. Screeeeeeeech!