Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Somebody's watching where the others don't walk

Wouldn't it piss you off if someone almost made you wreck your brand-new car? Well it did me. Today around lunchish on Dawson St. in Raleigh, dude suddenly decides he wants to occupy my lane without bothering to check if maybe there was already an object in that space, namely Pantsmobile V2 and its two occupants. So I had to slam on the brakes and swerve a little, which caused me to drive onto the curb. (I laid on my horn the whole time, of course. I want a special horn that screams "MORON! IDIOT!""). Fortunately I wasn't going very fast, so I don't think I threw the car out of alignment or anything, but I may have it checked out tomorrow just to be sure. I was lucky the person behind me didn't slam into me.

That's the downside of a brand-new car--you worry a lot more about something happening to it. In Pantsmobile V1 I probably wouldn't have minded someone hitting me, especially if it gave me an excuse to get that Honda Fit I'd been wanting. Also, Pantsmobile V2 is equipped with all kinds of airbags, and the last thing I want is for any of them to deploy. Those things are really expensive to replace.

No comments: