Friday, March 28, 2008

It aint so hard to do if you know how

Every now and then I stop whatever I'm obsessing about just to simply listen to some music. Sometimes the music pleases me greatly, so greatly in fact that I must share it with the world, or at least the one to two dozen people who regularly read this blog. Such is the case with a release from Barb├ęs Records: The Roots of Chicha: Psychedelic Cumbias from Peru. Stop what you're doing right now and go listen to it via their web streaming thingamajig. Then you can buy it (if you subscribe to e-music you can make it part of your downloads for the month like I did.)

2 comments:

r4kk4 said...

thank you, pants! i really needed music like this this morning!

Lisa B. said...

Glad you liked it ;-)

Also check out Chicha Libre: http://barbesrecords.com/chicha.html

They're a Brooklyn band that's doing the psychedelic chicha sound inna modern stylee.