Friday, March 07, 2008

You people rock ...

Damn, how can I even think of moving to Raleigh when my Durham friends are the coolest people on earth? Shortly after posting that maybe I should just rent while I look for the right house, I have an offer of a dog-friendly, month-to-month room to rent! In Northgate Park! With my pal ... well, I will respect his privacy and just call him "the historian."

Also, in completely unrelated news, certain people on the Trinity Park listserv are being moderated, and of course the moderator doesn't tell you who you are until he rejects one of your posts. So I was asking him why he rejected on of my posts, and by way of telling me he thinks I'm a pain in the ass, he said "I'm well aware of your history on the Old North Durham list and on this list." Huh? Wha? Old North Durham? That's really interesting, because I've never been on the Old North Durham list. Can someone please tell me what I've been posting over there? Maybe I'm like the chupacabras and there are now unconfirmed sightings of me everywhere ...

6 comments:

spacegrrl said...

i've been trying to figure out where he got that business about the OND list and it's beyond me.

i think i'm the only person on that list with the same first name as you, and i almost never post, so it can't be a matter of you being confused for me.

too weird.

Lisa B. said...

Ha, maybe I'm just legendary ;-)

The only other local lists I post to are a raw food (for dogs) list, the Durham dog park list and an agility list (of which I am the moderator). I may have posted lost/found dog stuff that's been forwarded to the OND list, but I'm not usually very sarcastic in those posts ;-)

spacegrrl said...

i can't even recall a lost/found dog forward that had your name on it. so weird!

where is this parkwood place? now i'm intrigued.

is it wrong that i want to come to your open house even though i'm not in the market for a house? i just like houses.

Lisa B. said...

Of course you can come to the open house!

I think my friend Janice, who lives in OND, may have cross-posted something of mine at one point. Maybe my name wasn't on it, so there was nothing to link it to me.

Parkwood is at the "54/55/Apex" exit of I-40, west of the 147 exit. Here's a Google map link: http://maps.google.com/

dcrollins said...

I echo your complaints about the TPNA moderator (I've been moderated myself). Yes, I'm a gun nut, but my post was primarily about safety issues and not inflammatory IMO.

Thank goodness the TPCrime list is not moderated. Many folks thanked me for the quick posting, as they were visited by the same fellows during the blackout.

Lisa B. said...

I think that saying something that might cause disagreement with anyone is considered inflammatory on the TP list.