Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everyone thinks he looks daft but you can have your dream

Most of my life is dominated by dog agility, but every now and then I do some things that normal people do ...

Tuesday night I had dinner at Satisfaction with members of the super-secret Bull City Bloggers Cabal. I've probably already said too much about it. They may have to kill me now. Anyways, I had a great time. Although the topic of dogs did come up, I think I handled myself well and didn't make anyone's eyes glaze over.

Also, in the almost eight years I've lived here, I've never actually gone to a Durham Bulls game. Shocking! I have, however, been to a college club game (NC state vs. UNC) at the old (er, I mean, historic) Durham Bulls park, so there. Anyway, I'm finally going to go see the Bulls on Saturday. A friend called me up and asked me if I wanted to go ... and that's all it took.

And I'd like to go to the Cleveland-Holloway Home Tour on Saturday. I suppose I can go by myself, but it would be more fun with company. Anyone up for joining me?

5 comments:

spacegrrl said...

re: C-H home tour, i would totally be up for that, and incredibly, i'll be in town then!

Lisa B. said...

Peachy!

phil said...

Spacegrrl -- as a professional courtesy to one of Durham's earliest steady bloggers, the cabal will reschedule its planned "hit" to make sure you can enjoy the tour with lisa b.

But don't make any plans with her much past the weekend. She was warned.

Valerie said...

No, no, I will pick your brain more about dogs the next I see you. :p

I tried the treat-trick, and I almost have the one dog coming in when I call him (rather than habitually going under the porch and staring at me). Thanks for the tips. :)

spacegrrl said...

phil, that is greatly appreciated. besides, won't all the bull city bloggers be going to the tour, anyway? seems like their kind of thing, if you ask me...