Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I love Craigslist so much I want to have its babies

I spend a lot more time preparing food for my dogs than I do for myself. This involves pureeing a lot of veggies, and until now I was using a little food processor attachment on my blender. (I got the attachment on Freecycle ... for free, of course!). Chopping the veggies took a long time and was a pain in the ass because the blender attachment was rather small and not terribly effective. I've been wanting a real food processor for a while, but I'm trying to be frugal, so I figured I'd make do with my crappy one until it broke. Sunday it broke. I don't know exactly what went wrong, but instead of making a nice veggie pulp it made a horrendous noise and the blades wouldn't spin. I tried and tried to figure out how to make it work again with no luck.

So yesterday I turned to Craigslist and I found a guy selling a food processor for only five diggities! Yes, $5! After phone call, a small detour on my way home from work and a petty cash expediture, I now own a big Hamilton Beach food processor. Sure, it's not the Mercedes of food processors, but five bucks! I didn't have to go much more out of my way than I would have for a store, so even factoring in time and gas it was quite a bargain. Of course, there was alway a chance that the guy selling it was an ax murderer and only placed the ad to lure victims to his casa, but what's life without a little adventure?

No comments: