Sunday, June 01, 2008

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one

I went out with my agent yesterday and I was going to write yet another post about looking for a house, but I'm just sick of the whole thing. I'm sick of worrying about resale value and what some future homebuyer might think of a place. I'm sick of looking at stuff I can't afford because my agent thinks I should want to live in that location, location, location. I want to say "Nice house--are you buying this for me? Because I certainly can't buy it myself." I'm sick of looking at stuff I CAN afford and thinking "Shit, who on earth would want to live here?" Or, seeing all the awesome stuff I can afford go under contract immediately. I'm sick of kitchens. I'm sick of bathrooms. I'm sick of discovering all the really strange places people put washers and dryers.

Maybe I should just buy an RV instead.

2 comments:

toastie said...

There was a flyer for a Northgate Park house for sale in Ox & Rabbit. I didn't see the flyer up close, but maybe that's a FSBO that's not in multiple listings. Or maybe it was just a rental. In any case, I meant to get closer and look but forgot. (In case you happen to be going down Ninth St...I realize I didn't give you much of anything to go on).

Lisa B. said...

Ooh, maybe I'll stop in at Ox & Rabbit today before going out with my agent again. Thanks!