Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sloth and silence

Things have been happening at Casa De Pants, as in almost six months after moving in I'm starting to make it look like I didn't just move in. I needed some motivation, and it came in the form of a few people planning to come over and eat Thanksgiving dinner at my house. It's not like I'm having a party (so don't be miffed that I didn't invite you, 'K?), but several dog agility friends and I decided to have Thanksgiving dinner together, and one of them suggested my place. I figured staying home would be far better than driving to Chatham County, the site of the other possible dinner venue, so I said sure. This way I can drink a lot of wine and not worry about driving my ass home.

(Normally I would be having Thanksgiving dinner at the Pants Mother's house in Myrtle Beach. But the Pants Mother called up and said "Do we have to go to all the bother of cooking Thanksgiving Dinner?" What?!?! Hell yeah I want Thanksgiving dinner! Damn, who doesn't want Thanksgiving dinner? Turns out that neither she nor my brother really cares about Thanksgiving dinner. So I told her I'd just stay here and eat turkey with my friends and then head down to her place on Friday. She was very satisfied with that arrangement.)

So anyway, I also bought a new sofa. Actually a used sofa, from Once & Again consignment shop on 15-501. I had thought I wanted a sleek modern-looking sofa, but nothing I found seemed at all like the kind of thing I'd want to collapse on to watch a day-long Mad Men marathon. Then I saw this big fat thing with all kinds of pillows and I knew it was the place where I wanted to be lazy. It will be delivered Saturday. My old sofa will go live in the dog room at my friend Sue's house. I can visit it anytime I want.

I'm also the proud owner of a new electric leaf blower. A .59-acre lot collects more leaves than I want to rake. Damn, if I'd just gone and had kids way back when, one of them would surely be old enough to clear the leaves off my lawn by now. Obviously I wasn't thinking ahead ...

3 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

"It will be delivered Saturday" and you will be lazy on Saturday night?

Lisa B. said...

Most definitely! I've got DVDs all lined up and ready ...

Cedarfield said...

Picures, please!