Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And indeed they did get on very well ...

no running, no jumping ...

I've been busy lately, I suppose ... First of all, Pinky broke her leg, which I discuss over at the other blog I regularly neglect.

in my backyard

As a result, I've been engaged in some serious yard work to clear up the jungle around the edges of my backyard. Why would a broken dog cause a backyard overhaul? Because she only ever wants to poop in the bushes, and since she's not allowed off leash at this point, I have to follow her. But right now, the bushes are frighteningly overgrown and dense because the people who lived here for the past 16 years never, ever trimmed a single thing that grew in that yard. They also seemed to have gotten rid of 16 years worth of fallen tree limbs by piling them amidst the thickets, along with lots of stones and terra cotta piping. So now I'm clearing it all away and when I'm done, I'll have a lovely little nature path around the rear portion of my little estate.

'our little paradise

Oh and also, as a state employee, I've been furloughed, sort of. I get 10 hours off and I'll be derprived of .5 percent of my pay for the next two months. Lucky to have a job at all, I suppose ...

1 comment:

santos. said...

oh poor pinky! and bummer about the sort-of furlough, too. i'm sure you'll both bounce back soon though!