Thursday, July 09, 2009

Never say Neverland ...

I was completely all meh about Michael Jackson in life, so I didn't see any reason to change after his death. No, I didn't watch any of the hoopla on TV. But somewhere I stumbled upon this link to Vanity Fair articles about him from 1994-2005 by Maureen Orth. I liked Orth's book Vulgar Favors, about Andrew Cunanen, so I decided to read the articles (every one of them, and they're not at all short) despite my meh-ness about Michael. Oh blerg! I am no longer meh ... more like a bit grossed out. Is it awful to really think someone is probably better off dead?

2 comments:

htrouser said...

Bob Herbert hit the cranky nail on the cranky head:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/opinion/04herbert.html

Lisa B. said...

He did! Thanks for that link.