Monday, August 24, 2009

Restored, but not for long

I went to the "restorative" yoga class yesterday. It was great--a little on the easy side, but very relaxing. I felt fantastic afterward.

Then as soon as I got to work this morning I was an aching ball of tension all over again. I think I tense up and become very uncomfortable as soon as I walk in the door. Plus my chair is horribly uncomfortable. My desk is uncomfortable. My entire existence is painful whenever I am here.

When I get home, I start to feel better again.

Yeah, I know. Don't even say it or you'll just piss me off.

4 comments:

spacegrrl said...

is it possible to make adjustments to your furniture at work?

sometimes even if your workplace won't spring for a fully adjustable chair there are things you can do to it to make it more comfortable - i have a co-worker who has taped a stack of cut-up mouse pads to his arm rests to improve their comfort and height.

Lisa B. said...

I've been making adjustments to everything at work for the past 10 years trying to find the right fit. Wrist rests, keyboard trays, monitor levels, chair levels, add a lumbar support, get rid of the lumbar support. I don't think it's the ergonomics that really make me tense up, really. I think it's just the place.

girlnblack77 said...

It's the reason I don't do massages. My MIL gave me a certificate for one once, and it was so wonderful and relaxing... but during the fifteen minute drive home I began to get more and more tense... and an hour after being home, it was as if I'd never gone. Not worth it.
p.s. I still have a certificate for a local place; I'm strategically planning to use it at the beginning of a week when the kids are out of town. :)

Lisa B. said...

I'm hoping that if I can make the yoga a regular thing it will help me relax no matter what the atmosphere at work is like ...