Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things that make me happy ...

Hello and welcome to the first installment of a feature I'm going to call "Things That Make Me Happy." I say it's the first installment, but for all I know, it could be the only installment. I'm not always so good on follow-through. But let's just pretend I am, for now ...

Today's Thing That Makes Me Happy (TTMMH) is: Scott Mills The Musical!

About 6 months ago, I got a little Sanza Fuze mp3 player, and I thought one good use for it would be to do something like learn Portuguese via podcast. That lasted about a day, and instead I got hooked on a few other podcasts, including a few from NPR (Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, Fresh Air and Planet Money), but most especially the Scott Mills Daily from BBC Radio 1. I have literally not missed an episode since I started listening (although Scott has--he does inconsiderate things like going on vacation, etc.) Anywho, a few months ago, a listener suggested that Scott & crew create "Scott Mills" The Musical" and perform it at The Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Surprisingly, Radio 1 ran with idea and the musical has been playing this week. I felt a bit of a twinge knowing there was no way I'd get to see it, so imagine my happiness when I discovered they are putting the whole thing online. Yay happiness!

What I'd really, really love, however, is if someone I knew became a diehard Scott Mills fan as well so I'd have someone with whom to laugh over things like The Barry Island Texter (Doot! Mun!). Or perhaps we could co-author a letter to Scott and listen for it to be read over the air by The Posh Radio 4 Lady ...

Anyone?? Bueller?

6 comments:

r4kk4 said...

i'll jump right on that scott miller bandwagon! give me a little while to catch up?

(i also have "wait, wait don't tell me" on my sansa. and i love both of those things to bits! :D!)

r4kk4 said...

although i'd probably read it correctly and listen to scott MILLS and not scott miller. *eyeroll*

Lisa B. said...

Scott Miller might be funny, too. Not sure who he is, but give him a chance ;-)

Big Al Davies said...

Shall we go to Barry Island too next year?

Lisa B. said...

Sure! Is it near enough to you to be easily gotten to?

Big Al Llanbradach said...

Yes, not far at all.