Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It starts out as a flirtation and ends up an expensive habit

Hi, it's me! I've started and not finished several blog posts over the last ... what? Two months? I can't be bothered to check. I've been doing the same old things:
  • Making some delicious food, including but not limited to: no-knead bread, lemon curd, coconut cake, little lemon souffles, "camping" doughnuts, lemon angel torte and frozen lemon yogurt. In case you can't tell, I'm really into the lemon right now.

  • Coupon stuff. Still saving lots of money. Too lazy to recount all the free and incredibly cheap stuff I've gotten over the past couple of months. My favorite deals this week were free nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat bread and 12 oz. of New England Coffee for 99 cents.

  • GETTING READY FOR MY TRIP TO WALES!! Less than a week to go! My mother has graciously agreed to stay at my house and look after my dogs. I hope she doesn't get too bored. She adores the $7 fabric store on 15-501, but how many times can she go there before it gets boring too? She's been to Durham before, though, so hopefully she can find her way to some fun. What's good for a 70-something woman to do in Durham?

2 comments:

girlnblack77 said...

The gardens and the museums, not to mention the even-better fabric place on Hillsborough Rd. They're always running one sale or another. I think this is the last week for cottons.
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/

Paul Hughes said...

I'm nowhere near NC, but from what I've been seeing in your savings, I wish I were. Where are you getting all these discounts and savings from? Just local advertisments or do you have a technique that I can replicate in Seattle? I need to save money! Email me if you have any tips. Love your pics of the grocery items -- free and discounted items are always good!

-Paul-
(paul.hughes@onlinemba.com)