Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I had a plethora but I'm not sure where I put it

My friend Cindy gave me several massive zucchini, so of course the first thing I did was make some zucchini bread:

zucchini bread

It's awesome stuff. I may have to make a ton more to use up all this zucchini. Then I'll walk around giving loaves away like I'm the zucchini bread fairy.

You didn't ask for the recipe, but I'll give it to you anyway (I've been using if for about 10 years now and I have no idea where I first got it or I'd give credit):

* 3 Eggs
* 1 cup Oil
* 2 cups Shredded raw zucchini
* 1 3/4 cups Sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
* 2 teaspoons Baking soda
* 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 2 teaspoons Vanilla
* 1 cup Chopped nuts
* 2 cups Flour

Put zucchini in strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get excess liquid out. Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts. Mix together by hand. Add zucchini (minus liquid). Beat mixture. Pour into 2 greased, floured, loaf pans.
Bake 1 hr. at 350 deg. F. Recipe may be doubled.

Also, I got some really great news via a fortune cookie the other day:

awesome fortune

When I first saw it I thought "a pony?" until I remembered that I haven't actually wanted a pony since fifth grade. So it must be the ability to smite people because I've always wanted that. Heads up jerks and wrongdoers!

I recently read a bunch of Albert Einstein quotations and the communication via fortune cookie reminded me of one of my favorites: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." I think I like the second.

No comments: